April 2020 was when I first time heard about bio enzymes. Sounded more like big word and complicated stuff.
Once started doing it, realised how simple it was and how big the impact it created with 30 kg food otherwise going in bins was reused.
We all read and hear about transformations with small steps taken consistently. This was one such step.
Easy to practice so it became a habit.
Looking back last 21 months:
- Reused 30 kg of fruit/vegetable peels to make natural cleaners ~ bio enzyme.
- This is roughly around 52 kg less Carbon footprint.
- These peels would otherwise have gone to a composting unit in best-case scenario. Bio enzyme making helped its reuse 1-3 times to make cleaners and remains composted post that at home. With this the household waste was less by 20%.
- These cleaners made from peels replaced the need to purchase chemical cleaners. So saved on buying 36 litres of cleaners per annum.
- With lesser use of chemicals reduced my chemical footprint by 40%. (Next in line is to reduce on detergents, dish wash liquid and toiletries).
- Reused >75 plastic bottles available and borrowed without any recycling costs and still reusable.
- Have now stock of cleaners for more than a year for use and sharing.
20% less waste = 40% less chemicals = Better Tomorrow
If you want to know more on bio enzymes read on https://preetymundhra.com/2020/07/22/bioenzymes1/
Race to -1 : One step at a time